"We write to taste life twice- in the moment and in retrospection"-- Anais Nin

In A World of Infinite Possibilities

Enjoying my life. Expanding my horizons.

The world is just as big or as small as we make it to be.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diary of my birthday blues and blessings

"Although life may lead to where you least expect it, have faith that it is where you were meant to be" (thanks, Bugee)

November 30, 2007.
I was somewhere a plane ride away from home where I was greeted with tears and yet another heartbreak.

November 30, 2008.
I was surrounded by my favorite people who held my hand as I bravely greeted the year ahead of me, regardless if it brought tears or laughter, we celebrated.

One of my best friends (you know who you are ;) ) gave me a special French book, CD and Calendar for year 2009 as a gift knowing how I would love to fly to Paris someday. *hopefully 2009*

November 30, 2009.
I was again somewhere a plane ride away from home. This time, I was greeted with a smile and a heartwarming, unforgettable experience...

Celebrating my birthday in beautiful PARIS.


The City of Lights and The City of Love.

SURREAL.

I can't even express fully how it was such a wonderful gift to be in one of the most amazing cities in the world on my SPECIAL DAY! Such timing!
"Bonjour, Joyeux Anniversaire!" Oh Joy.

I mean, how often do we experience these cute little moments in our life? Really.

Life is full of surprises. I'm just learning to take it all in. Both the good and the bad. I guess it's what makes life beautiful. :)

Sometimes we cry, sometimes we feel nothing, but I guess, sometimes, too, we feel happy.

Why not be a little optimistic and quit complaining about the rain when the sun shines?

In retrospect, I can't help but feel that the happiness I have was meant to happen to make up for all the sadness I had. This makes it all the more worth it.

In sad moments, I should learn to remember the blessings.

And in happy moments like this, I should learn to be grateful for the blessings.

I thank God for giving me blessings that are beyond my wildest expectations.

I thank all of you, my loves, for holding my hand through the ups and downs each year brings.

There will be more drama. There will be more dreams come true.

There will be more of LIFE ... sooo thank you very much for being a part of mine. :)

I'm a year older now, and my life is much more full.

Merci Beaucoup, Much Love.

PLS

No comments:

Post a Comment